No matter what stage your startup business is in, you’ll need to grow your social media audience in order to compete like a pro online.
The more people you can reach via social media, the more successful your launch and future growth will be. I’ve got ten tips for starting and growing any startup’s audience on the three top social media platforms – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
10 social media marketing tips for startups
- Plan a social media marketing strategy which outlines who your target audience is, what you want to achieve and how you will go about doing it.
- Develop branding and a tone of voice (TOV) which appeals to your target audience, keeping it consistent throughout your social media accounts.
- Link your social media accounts to your website and vice versa.
- Cross promote your social accounts – repost your Instagram photos in Facebook and Twitter, and encourage followers to cross over to your other accounts too.
- Create a content schedule which outlines what you’re going to post, when you’ll post it and how you will engage with your audience over the coming months.
- Post your own unique content and repost/curate other people’s content which appeals to your target audience – you need to add value to their lives in some way.
- Use relevant hashtags in your tweets, posts and photos, and make sure your message is in the TOV you outlined earlier.
- Use tools to automate as much as possible – following, unfollowing, liking, content scheduling, metrics etc.
- Engage with your audience by replying to comments, liking and commenting on their media – be a real person that people can relate to and not a corporate robot.
- Add value – your main goal is to add value to your audience’s lives. Keep your advertising subtle then you’ll be sure to maintain a healthy audience who feel loyal to your brand.
Follow these tips and maintain a professional attitude towards your social media marketing and you’ll quickly find that you achieve what you set out to do.